GigHound’s primary concern and duty is to provide a safe workplace for all our employees. The use of illicit drugs and alcohol can have serious adverse effects on the safety and well being of all employees present at the workplace. Accordingly, GigHound maintains an alcohol and drug-free workplace. GigHound prohibits its employees’ involvement in the workplace consumption*, manufacture, sale or purchase-or the attempted consumption, manufacture, sale or purchase of narcotics, drugs, alcohol, or any other illegal or controlled substances and their illegal possession and/or use. This prohibition applies equally to the consumption prior to an assignment and/or to reporting to the workplace.
GigHound recognizes the fact that a drug and alcohol dependency is a disease that can be successfully treated. Therefore no employee with a drug or alcohol dependency will be disciplined for requesting reasonable accommodation in conjunction with rehabilitation efforts. However, if an employee violates the provisions of this policy, or as a result of substance use, does not meet satisfactory standards of safety or work performance, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.
Any known violation of GigHound’s Substance Use Policy will be reported by GigHound to police authorities. If such violation should result in conviction of the employee under a criminate statute, the employee’s employment with GigHound shall be terminated.
*Except at management approved company-sponsored functions/activities.
Purpose of Policy
The intended purpose and goal of the Substance Use Policy is to:
- Support GigHound’s responsibility and commitment to a safe and healthy workplace;
- Create and foster a workplace which is free of alcohol and drug use/abuse;
- Outline the company’s expectations and requirements for creating and maintaining a workplace free of alcohol and drug use;
- Provide clear guidelines for company-sponsored events where alcohol is served;
- Create and communicate the company’s policy and programs intended to deal with substance abuse in the workplace.
A complete version of this policy can be found on the Worker Help Center.