What GigHound does…
Before sending you out on an assignment, GigHound visits our client worksites to confirm site-specific safety information, hazards and to understand your responsibilities while on assignment there. This information helps GigHound determine what skills are required for the jobs to be performed, what pay range is appropriate for the job and make the best match based on knowledge, skills and abilities to keep everyone safe.
What you should do…
When you begin an assignment, you should be made aware of the following things at a minimum. If a client does not share these things with you, you should proactively ask your site Supervisor and notify your GigHound Representative before starting the work to be performed.
Find out about:
- The Visitor/Sign In procedures
- Where to locate the Health & Safety bulletin board
- The Client site Emergency Evacuation procedures and phone numbers
- Common workplace hazards which may include: repeating the same movements over and over, especially if you are in an awkward position or you use a lot of force; slipping, tripping or falling; working near motorized vehicles; using or working near machinery; etc.
- Where to locate MSDS sheets where applicable
- Lock Out Policy and Procedures
- PPE Requirements and Receive Training on how to use and care for them
- First Aid Station/Room and Certified First Aiders
- Hot Work Policy and Procedure where applicable
- Operator Pre-Use Inspection Policy or Process where applicable
- Any Safe Operating Procedures or training specific to your role