GigHound does assign temporary workers to client worksites which at times do have machines and equipment which may require pre-use inspections and this policy is intended for that purpose.
It is generally understood that GigHound’s policy is limited to providing general information and instruction with regards to Pre-Use Inspection procedures but that our Client worksite Pre-use Inspection or similar policies will apply to the particular worksite where you are performing work. It is the Client’s responsibility to provide site specific training in this regard.
You should validate whether or not the equipment you are using at a client site requires a pre-use inspection.
The type of equipment that may require pre-use inspection may include but is not limited to:
- Forklifts/cranes/Scissor lifts
- Motor Vehicles
- Drill Presses/Saws
- Punch/Drill/Brake Presses
- Conveyor Systems
In the case where you are using equipment which requires a pre-use inspection, the client’s policy/program will apply. Generally, the policy will include the following elements:
- A list of the equipment to be inspected;
- Who should conduct the inspections;
- A schedule or frequency of the inspections;
- A standard recording form which will record the equipment inspected, date of inspection, list of components to be inspected at a minimum, description of the hazards, recommendations for corrective action and actions taken as well as inspector’s signature.
Any Corrective Action recommended or Follow-up required is the Client’s responsibility to manage within their work site.
When a pre-use inspection has been completed and a deficiency or hazard has been identified you must not use the equipment and should follow GigHound’s Incident & Hazard Reporting Policy.